Monday, October 09, 2006

Recuperating Time

And so, I was admitted to the hospital..!!!! It was difficult to digest that, but I had to go through it here. There were two reasons why the doctors wanted me admitted. First, they could monitor my blood tests on a regular basis, and see if things were getting worse, or improving. I was expecting improvements, since since a couple of days I was feeling much better, and seemingly more normal. Second reason was to have me a separate toilet. Huh, how did this come in?? This was so because Hepatitis A infection passes out in excretion, and one has to be very careful in maintaining a high level of hygene in such cases. I thought it was quite logical, it was better for me to be in the hospital.

The hospital where I was admitted first was not actually well equipped with dealing such isolation-based cases. So the same day evening they shifted me to a bigger hospital, and more specifically to the epidermic department of that hospital [:P]. The doctors there were very good, and friendly. I was able to speak to them on a variety of issues, in between the typical how am I and whats the status enquiries. Most of them had somehow been to India, or atleast had good knowledge of the Indian System. One doctor said, that he was a bit surprised to see that I could get Hepatitis A, since he knew that in India, normally children get a mild version of the illness, and then they are automatically immuned for future occurences. So he guessed, probably you are from a higher class or something, that you were never exposed to it. I was happy to hear that, but surprised at the same time [:P].

The nurses were cool as well hehe..!!! Some were not very interactive, but most were very open, and friendly. I liked that attitude here, that they were professional and took care of the patient not only physically, but also mentally. And it was fun talking to most of them. One of the nurses had also been to India on some exchange programme, to Vellore, for a month I think. And she said India was great..!!!! I had a TV in the hospital room, of which most channels were in Danish, but a couple in English, which showed movies and serials. So that was a good pasttime during my stay.

I was in the hospital for not even two complete days, and the results of the blood tests which were being taken were coming out to be good. They were improving gradually. And so the doctors felt that I can make a move and relax at home. I thought that would be good, since I had been missing lectures now, since a week, and I was feeling good enough to attend them. So, I was back to my room in the evening, and it was good to be there. It seemed I had been out of the room for so long, whereas it was just a couple of days, happens...!!! This was last Sunday..!!!

I have been to the hospital a couple of times now for blood tests, and would also be going there again on coming Thursday. I am very hopeful to see normal results this time around :)

2 Comments:

Blogger One in the crowd said...

I am sure you'll manufacture excuses every week to go meet up with your 'open' nurses...you little runt...is liye bheja tha tujhe denmark??? huh???

Ullas aka Joy

10:59 AM  
Blogger Rajesh said...

joy bhaiyya, there is an entire chapter coming up on the girls of denmar, i am sure you would then not call me a runt, but rather want to be here, to experience yourself, the beautiful creations of Denmark..!!! [:P]

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home