Monday, December 18, 2006

The French Get Together

The one great thing about DTU that I really like sometimes is the international environment that exists here. There are students from virtually every nook and corner of Europe and places around Europe, studying in all kinds of fields. And this is something that makes my experience here unique in its own way. A similar educational trip to USA would mean one being surrounded by Indians and Chinese, and seldom see Americans, unless one is into Humanities or even Management. But, the Technical Universities in Europe are rarely "flocked" with Chinese, and not at all for that matter, by Indians. One does at times, feel somewhat sick, by finding less Indians around, but then if courageous enough, getting into a group of these international students helps one grow heavily.

That was just something to start with, or rather to set the scene to describe an experience with some French girls last night. A friend of mine, happened to invite his 2 close friends, for Dinner on the Sunday Eve (and I had to be there to intrude). I had met one of the girls before, so was all excited (Yeah Let them come..!!!). And we also invited a third French girl to the Dinner (my classmate, who happens to be making it big in my scrapbook, just recently). Okay, so the setting was perfect, and I was excited..!!!

It was supposed to be a shock for me, when I came into the kitchen from my lab. The other girl whom my friend invited was someone I had seen just a couple of days back, and not differently, fallen for her then. I had mentioned this to the same friend that day - I saw a girl today, and she was like VOW..!!! And I also told him her name, Julie. But that time, probably, he was not able to relate it to the Julie he knew. So last evening, I saw Julie again, and I was like - my friend, this is the same girl I was talking about..!!!! Its a pleasure to be here..!!!

Believe me, she looked gorgeous (You might want to look at the picture, which is safely residing on a friend's hard disk - I need it now..!!). So the party began on a cool note. Then, my (g)friend came in, and she started throwing PECKS around (I was in the line, and thinking, would I do ot right!!!). That was cool, I had that before with an Italian girl, and now with a French. So that makes me feel, I am in Europe (And not India..for sure!!!). The girls had bought Wine for us, and we were delighted (Its getting-drunk time). My friend who normally doesn't cook much, made some of his speciality, and I must admit his cuisines came out really nice (Though the Rajma were uncooked).

For some time, we were like standing and talking to each other, exchanging thoughts and information, sometimes France sometimes India. The dinner began in sometime, and shoot up - the wine bottle was open. The chicken was ready, and the dinner took off. The girls were a bit confused about the manner in which they would eat the chicken, with roti. But then, they took it as bread (usually, roti for Europeans is bread), and used their fork and knife for that. We guys were on with our hands (we use that for other things as well hehe). Rice was also there, to make the Indian dinner complete. So eating and talking happened for the next hour, while I was admiring Julie for all the time (Amazing..!!!!). Yeah it was the effect of the wine.!!

The Dinner was over, and we washed the dishes, and sat and spoke for a couple of hours. But the most interesting part was about to come (A goodbye Peck...!!!). We all stood up, and the girls dressing up (Phew...It was hot inside people..!!). I was standing next to Julie. And suddenly she turned to me, and began approaching me. I was stunned, and right on time realised her intentions...!! Yeah, the peck was on its way. First this side, and then the other side, and its Done..!!! Impressive..!! And my other friend, was a bit more confused, one side and Done..!! Thats it..!!! He told that to us later, and we were all laughing together...!!!!! The girls then took off, as their buses were about to come (Public Buses, not Private).

Considering all the crap I have written, I would just like to say the most important thing (probably quite obvious), which sucked my heart out - Julie had a boyfriend...!!!!

From Left to Right: Emilie, Ram, Julie, Magelie, and Me (Smileless..!!)

3 Comments:

Blogger One in the crowd said...

How I love the last paragraph of this blog!!

Tu gair mulk mein jaake apne sanskaar bhool gaya? Iski sazaa mili tujhe.

But anyway, you do get the Raspberry award for corniness with your 'we were using hands' line... ;)

1:00 AM  
Blogger timpass_mamu said...

French french every where , not a girl for me .....kuch aisa hi laga hoga ;)
Why is it always french yaar, kabhi kabar danish ko bhi pakda kar!!

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you know Ram. Send him my regards :) (from Eva)

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home