Saturday, August 06, 2011

Leading to Aamir from all directions

This is just the kind of thing I keep seeing so often. Not trying to take away any credit from Aamir Khan, but he does seem to be everywhere. Or maybe it was just his day on the 5th of August, in the newspaper Hindustan Times's Delhi edition. I am referring to the cutting posted here.



The motivation for me to visit this page was the article titled 'Lord Voldemort in White Mughals Film Adaptation'. I have been a big fan of William Dalrymple and have read a few of his books, with my favorite being 'The City of Djinns'. This is the book that so beautifully combines aspects of history and traveling. And something from this book made me find history so amazing and interesting. I guess my hidden interest was just waiting for the right trigger, and I there I got it. I would not have found History interesting in high school, as compared to Maths or Physics. But now, it very easily tops the chart for me.

Anyway, one of Willam's book 'The White Mughals' is being proposed for a film adaptation. Awesome. And digging more into the subject, and a bit of googling, it transpires that Aamir had approached William to produce the film under his banner. Even though William was not much inclined, Aamir made his try and bet.

Once there, I could not ignore the article talking about Imogen Heap's tryst with India and Bollywood. In midst of the typical westerner-goes-to-India lines talking about curry and Bollywood and dancing, there was something new for me. It said 'Imogen is working with Indian music composers Vishal-Shekhar for Dewarists, an online music travel show that will feature artists from India and abroad'. Interesting. I looked up the page of Dewarists. Saw some artists, and stumbled upon the fusion sounds of one of my favorite Indian rock band, Zero, with a sitar player. Browsed through other artists, and there I hit upon a familiar face. She was Monica Dogra, one half of the Mumbai-based electro rock duo Shaa'ir and Func, and someone who you might remember from the Aamir Khan production 'Dhobi Ghat'.

Well, there was another link to Aamir Khan.

The third link was clear to see on the page. Sina Nehwal was proud to say that Aamir Khan wishes her before every big match. She is a talented badminton player, and Aamir is a talented film actor, producer, and connoisseur.

References:
http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/PUBLICATIONS/HT/HD/2011/08/05/index.shtml?Search=Y&ArtId=101_005#
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2004-02-29/news/27396154_1_film-rights-aamir-khan-shekhar-kapur
http://thedewarists.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home