Monday, September 08, 2008

A Wednesday on a Monday

Long time being away and I am back. I should say that there were several occasions in the past few months, when I stopped by and thought about making a post on my somewhat dying out blog here. There were many thoughts around the corner and some interesting incidents as well. But, then, I was never able to convince the guilt-producing self of mine, that it would take just half an hour to pen down these thoughts. I could not make one hence in the last few months.

Today I finished much work of my master thesis. I have to now just prepare a ReadMe file for my working C programs, and burn 6 DVDs with them. And ofcourse, I have to skim through my thesis printout and keep a vigilant eye for any last minute errors that could have creeped in, which always exist at such a time. Apart from this, I am pretty much done with my submission which is due for the 10th but I would be making it on the 9th itself.

And so with such a free mind since this evening, I had to watch a nice movie to really freshen up myself even more and further, get into the old habit of watching hindi films, alone! A Wednesday was on the top at videomasti.net; after taking note of the review very briefly, I decided to watch the movie.

Must say, from the name one can make out that it is going to be a suspense or a thriller movie, moving around events in just one day. And moreover, prominent names like Anupam Kher and Naseeruddin Shah bring about an urge to watch the movie that no other factor can.

After seeing the movie, I have no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best movies made in recent times. The background in the movie is the serial train bomb blasts in Mumbai, and the degree of imagination of the writer seems truly genious. The climax is simply awesome, which I would not want to reveal here, but just praise and praise. To be truly honest, the Hindu-Muslim division that extremists have exaggerated for no justifiable reason, looks lame; crying out for a ceasefire on such thoughts and actions in the society. What is shown in this movie and some previous movies on the same lines (like Aamir) reflects why normal people are frustated of the divisions by religion, which is not what religions have been made for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home